Department of Finance and Deregulation
Type of Organisation
Australian Government Department
Finance sits at the heart of government decision making, assisting the government in shaping and delivering its agenda by providing high quality advice and services over a wide range of policy and program areas.
Some of the dynamic work delivered by Finance includes:
• supporting the delivery of the Federal Budget
• managing the government’s non-defence property portfolio
• driving the Australian Government’s deregulation agenda
• managing the financial framework for Australian Government agencies
• providing advice and support to parliamentarians and their employees about their employment conditions
• maintaining shareholder oversight for Government Business Enterprises
• providing general insurance services to government agencies, and promoting improved risk management
• leading government in the application of new and existing information and communication technologies
Locations where there are vacancies for graduates
Residency requirements for Graduates wishing to apply
Australian Citizens Only
Degree Subjects Required for Graduates wishing to apply
We accept ALL degrees!
Quotes from Current Graduates in response to the question "What are the positives of the job and employer?"
"Very good conditions and a good work culture."
"Work/life balance and the general positive culture within the organisation. Most people are here to help others when it is needed."
"Employment security, remuneration and work/life balance."
"Whole of government focus makes the job interesting and helpful for further progress in a government career."
"Work cultureexposure to central government decision making eg. the nature of the work."
"Supportive immediate working environment,Some interesting people around,Good remuneration,Stable job."
"Interesting work with visible and rewarding results, working with very friendly people, very good work/life balance and no stress in the workplace."
"The learning and development opportunities were invaluable to me, along with the buddy and mentor system. My job responsibilities have increased dramatically in the past few months and I am enjoying my work a lot more. However, I would prefer to move elsewhere in the organisation into an area that aligns more closely with my qualifications. The positive to this is that there is an opportunity for a bulk internal move in May/June."
"Having input and affecting important projects that have significant impacts on Commonwealth agencies. Work life balance with good remuneration. Support for internal and external training."