Type of Organisation
Evolution Mining is a leading, globally relevant gold miner. In 2010, an opportunity
was identified to fill a vacuum in the Australian gold mining sector by creating a new
mid-tier producer. Our first asset was a resource in North Queensland that others
believed was not feasible to develop. Undeterred, our Executive Chair and founder,
Jake Klein, with the assistance of a small management team, pursued a series of
bold and complex deals to form Evolution in November 2011 and successfully turned
that initial resource at Mt Carlton into one of the world’s highest-grade open pit gold
Our Vision: Inspired people creating a premier global gold company – a sustainable business that prospers through the cycle. We have grown into a globally relevant gold producer since inception in November 2011.
Our Strategy: we have a clear and consistent strategy:
- Create sustainable value for stakeholders in an environmentally and socially responsible way
- High performing culture with values and reputation as non-negotiables
- Willing to take appropriate geological, operational and financial risks
- A portfolio of up to 8 assets in Tier 1 jurisdictions generating superior returns
- Financial discipline centred around margin and appropriate capital returns
Our Values: our values guide behaviours and decisions in the workplaces everyday:
- Safety: think before we act, every job, every day
- Excellence: we take pride in our work, deliver our best and always strive to improve
- Accountability: if it is my responsibility, I own it - good or bad
- Respect: we trust each other, act honestly and consider each other's opinion
Locations where there are vacancies for graduates
Evolution currently operates five wholly-owned mines – Cowal in New South Wales, Mungari in Western Australia, Mt Rawdon and Ernest Henry in Queensland, and Red Lake in Ontario, Canada.
Residency requirements for Graduates wishing to apply
All Candidates Considered including International Students
Roles available for Graduates
Mine Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Asset Management (Electrical Engineer & Mechanical Engineer), Metallurgist, Geologist (Mine and Exploration), Surveyor, Environmental, Sustainability, Health & Safety, Risk & Improvement, Finance & Commercial, Contracts & Procurement, People & Culture, Data & Analytics, IT.
Degree Subjects Required for Graduates wishing to apply
Relevant degree (or similar) for the advertised role.
What do recent graduates say are the best things about working with us?
"Significant opportunities to take on responsibility and exercise autonomy in my role, supportive culture regarding new initiatives and further development (on the job and outside of the workplace), excellent attitude to safety. Open to movements within the business and senior leadership very accessible and available."