Type of Organisation
Mining Services Provider
Founded in 1874, we have built a proud tradition of leadership, innovation, quality and safety. Today, Orica is a truly global company with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people that originate from more than 130 nationalities. Orica is the largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunnelling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
At Orica, our Graduate Program is a strategic priority for success in building leaders from within the organisation. We are serious about your development and invest in a three year rotational program to give you the hands on experience you want with the responsibility you’ve earned.
The Program: Satisfy your desire for diversity of work, travel and training on Orica’s Global Graduate Program;
• Three diverse rotations across different parts of the business - each rotation 12 months in duration and usually different geographic locations
• Opportunity for international rotations in the third year of the program
• Face-to-face graduate development workshops each year with a focus on preparing you for operating in a global environment
• Remote learning sessions with your graduate peer group, facilitated by Orica’s leaders
• Structured networking opportunities with Orica’s senior leadership teams
• An assigned Mentor for career guidance, support and advice
• A nominated graduate Buddy in your first year for peer-to-peer support
• Involvement in local community projects and the option to be involved in our Graduate Sustainability Committee
• A graduate peer community – one that lasts a lifetime
Locations where there are vacancies for graduates
Australia and New Zealand nationwide
Residency requirements for Graduates wishing to apply
Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents and New Zealand Citizens
Degree Subjects Required for Graduates wishing to apply
Engineering: Chemical, Electrical, Geotechnical, Mechanical & Mining Earth / Environmental Science Logistics / Supply Chain Marketing
Quotes from Current Graduates in response to the question "What are the positives of the job and employer?"
"Allows for a good work/life balance. Fantastic networking opportunities and the ability to interact/work with some highly skilled professionals. The graduate program goes for 3 years which makes it possible to see a range of areas within the company. Competitive remuneration. Company is relatively stable in an unstable market."
"Excellent training and experience provided to a graduate."
" Flexible working hours. Fantastic mentors. Generous remuneration."
" Full responsibility for work performed and the creativity involved in the work that I do. Support from my line manager and the culture of the workplace. The possibility of international travel for work and study tours."
"Good grad workshops, good work variety, good work life quality, good level if responsibility, good work environment."
" Good opportunity to learn the industry and become established in your role. Good variety of rotations offered. Depending on your role, can be given a lot of responsibility. Managers/mentors always willing to have a chat."
" The opportunity to move around the country and experience vastly different roles within the organisation."